Questions I ask sellers and prospective buyers before showing a home or accepting a showing request include:
- Have you or has anyone in your home travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days?
- Have you or has anyone in your home been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your home tested positive for COVID-19? Are you or is anyone in your home awaiting test results for COVID-19?
- Do you feel unwell? Do you or does anyone in your home have a fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath, or any other flu-like symptoms?
- Have you recently had any contact with someone who is ill?
- Are there tenants in the home?
- Do you feel comfortable hosting showings while the coronavirus continues to spread?
- Do you feel comfortable visiting homes while the coronavirus continues to spread?
When touring a home the following is now agreed upon:
- Confirm the health and recent travel info last provided by the individuals above has not changed.
- All individuals must wear nitrile gloves.
- All individuals must wear masks.
- All individuals must use anti-microbial, alcohol-based hand sterilizer.
- All individuals must not touch anything except the front door.
- The seller will leave the lights on and room and closet doors open, including a few cabinets, and drawers. (This condition may not suitable for home inspections).